The Louisville Beauty Academy does not discriminate in its employment, admission, instruction, or graduation policies on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, or ethnic origin nor does it recruit students already attending or admitted to another school offering similar programs of study. The school requires that each student enrolling in the Cosmetology or Esthetics programs must:
- Complete an application for enrollment
- Provide proof of secondary education such as a diploma, a GED certificate, an official transcript of secondary school completion, or a state certification of home-school completion.
In the absence of the above documentation, the applicant must take and pass an approved ability-to- benefit test administered according to the test publisher’s guidelines by an approved Independent Test Administrator. In lieu of passing an ability-to-benefit test, the applicant may enroll in and successfully complete at least 6 credit hours or 225 clock hours.
Instructor applicants must meet all of the above requirements and:
- hold a current license as a practitioner in the field they wish to teach
- complete an application for enrollment
- complete an instructor in training application to be forwarded to the State Board of Cosmetology
Students enrolling under a training agreement with another entity, the applicant must meet the admissions requirements set forth in the training agreement with the other entity.